If you are looking for
French glass there is
always some for sale
on ebay. Click below
for French Glass
Index to pages on
other kinds of glass
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
Back to Book Seek
have a look
The great French glass factories of Baccarat and St. Louis were both founded in the 1760's. But it was not until the next century that they became serious players in the world glass scene. Their cut crystal glass was some of the finest ever made. During the 19th and early 20th centuries French glass-makers became world-leaders, with artists such as Galle, Lalique, Daum, Argy-Rousseau and many others.
Here is our selection of books about French glass. These cover some recent books as well as old classics. We have pictures for the first few, and many others listed below.
Just click on any book cover or any title for more information.
- René Lalique: Enchanted by Glass (May 2014) by Kelley Jo Elliott. Hundreds of color photographs-many of them full-page images selected from the extensive collection of The Corning Museum of Glass which includes design drawings and photographs.
- Baccarat: Two Hundred and Fifty Years (Oct 2013) by Murray Moss and Laurence Benaim.
Lalique By Lalique: Glass Vases, Perfume Bottles & Tableware (March 2012) by Gorringe Antiques. A slim volume (38 pages) covering the less expensive range of Lalique items.
- Daum: masters of French decorative Glass (1992) by Clotilde Dacri, Noel Daum and Claude Petry. Stunning photographs and masses of information about Daum and the glass they made, much of it during the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods.
- The Art of Glass: Art nouveau to Art Deco (Sept 97) by Victor Arwas. Stunning pictures covering all the major glass producers of the art nouveau and art deco periods, including many French such as Galle, Daum Nancy, Argy-Rousseau, Leveille, Lalique, Sabino, Marinot, Navarre, and Schneider.
- Baccarat (Universe of Design) (May 98) by Dany Sautot. Covers one of the greatest French cut glass producers.
- Lalique Glass: the Complete Illustrated catalogue for 1932 (Oct 81). An invaluable aid to identifying Lalique Glass, this reproduction of the 1932 catalogue has pictures and names for the entire production range of Lalique at the height of their popularity.
- The art of Rene Lalique, by Patrica Bayer and Mark Waller, Quintet Publishing, 1988. Over 350 colour photographs of the range of Lalique's work.
- Lalique Glass, by Nicholas M Dawes, Viking, 1986. A useful book for collectors.
- Lalique: a collector's guide by Christopher Vane Percy. (1977 reprinted in 1983). Covers design and manufacture of Lalique pieces.
- The Jewels of Lalique by Lalique et. al. (March 98). Exquisite jewelry designed by Lalique.
- Glass: Art Nouveau to Art Deco, by Victor Arwas (1987). Old but very interesting and useful book, covering all the main French glass artists of the art nouveau and art deco period.
- Lalique Perfume Bottles, by Glenn Utt, (1990). A definitive book on Lalique perfume bottles.
- Baccarat: Paperweights and Related Glass, 1820-1860 (Sept 1990) by Paul Jokelson and Dena Tarshis. Masterpieces from The Corning Museum of Glass and from private collections.
Click here to see general books on art Glass on Amazon
Or make your own search of Amazon.co.uk
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE