If you are looking for
Depression glass, there
is always some on
ebay. Click below
to find Depression Glass
Index to pages on
other glass books
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
NEW - Glass Blog
have a look
Back to Book Seek
|Depression Glass is defined as glass produced in the USA during the Depression years of the 1920's and 1930's. Generally it was made by machine in a range of colours and a vast amount of it was tableware and kitchen-ware. The most common colours were amber, blue, black, crystal, green, pink, red, yellow and white.
Depression Glass was often given away as promotional gifts with other purchases. It was sometimes packed with break-fast cereals, put into flour sacks, or just given to customers in grocery stores, gasoline stations, or
Not all glass produced by US glassworks during the Depression Era was of this cheap quality. Better quality glass from companies such as Heisey and Fostoria is known as Elegant Glass of the Depression Era.
For more information on our selection of books below, click on the book cover or title. We have included recent books as well as some classic favourites. Good hunting!
- Warman's Depression Glass Handbook: Identification, Values, Pattern Guide (due out in May 2017) by Ellen Schroy.
- Warman's Depression Glass Field Guide (2013) by Ellen T. Schroy. Value guide and aid to identifying an extensive range of Depression era glass.
- Elegant Glass: Early, Depression, & Beyond (July 2013) by Debbie & Randy Coe.
- Colors & Patterns of Depression Era Glassware (May 2012) by Doris Yeske and Lyle Fokken. Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition.
- Mauzys Rare Depression Glass (2008) by Barbara E Mauzy.
- McKee Kitchen Glass of the Depression Years (Aug 2008) by Barbara E Mauzy.
- Pocket Guide to Pink Depression Era Glass ( (July 2007) by Patricia Clements (Schiffer Book for Collectors).
- Depression Glass and Beyond: A Guide to Pattern Identification ( (July 2007) by Doris Yeske (Schiffer Book for Collectors).
- Collectors Encyclopedia of Depression Glass 18th Edition (July 2007) by Gene Florence. American's number one best-selling book on Depression Glass, covering the 1920's and 1930's.
- Mauzy's Depression Glass (2007) by Barbara and Jim Mauzy. 4th Edition. A Photographic Reference with Prices (Schiffer Book for Collectors).
- Pocket Guide to Depression Glass, (2006) by Gene Florence. This really useful guide is designed so you can take it with you to Flea Market and Antiques Sales alike.
- Depression Glass: A Collector's Guide (Jan 2005) by Doris Yeske (Schiffer Book for Collectors).
- Treasures of Very Rare Depression Glass: Identification and Value Guide (2003) by Gene Florence. Another great book by Gene.
- Kovel's Depression Glass and Dinnerware Price List 7th Edition (2001) by Ralph and Terry Kovel. Many pages of coloured pictures covering all the most sought-after patterns from the 1920's to the 1980's.
- Warman's Depression Glass (2003) by Ellen T. Schroy. Identify nearly 170 Depression glass patterns, with price guide.
- Kitchen Glassware of the Depression Years (Sept 2008) by Gene Florence. Another book from Gene with great pictures and price advice
- Elegant Glasware of the Depression Era: Identification and Value Guide 13th Edition (July 2008) by Gene Florence. A very popular book
- Glassware Pattern Identification Guide, Vol. IV (May 2005) by Gene Florence. This book makes it easy to identify glassware from the 1920's to the 1960's.
- Depression Era Glassware: Identification & Value Guide (April 2002) by Carl F Luckey and Debbie Coe.
- Fifty Years of Collectible Glass 1920-1970 (Dec 97) by Neila, Tom and Thomas H Bredehoft. Great pictures useful identification and price information. The first twenty years covered by this book were the Depression Glass years.
- Morgantown Glass: from Depression Glass through the 1960's (July 2007) by Jeffry B Snyder. Great pictures; from the Schiffer Books for Collectors series.
- Depression Glass for Collectors (July 2007) by Robert Brenner.
- Great American Glass of the Roaring 20's and Depression Era (May 98) by James Measell and Berry Wiggins, two writers on glass who produce good books.
- Very Rare Glassware of the Depression Years: Identification and value guide. 6th Edition. (Oct 98) by Gene Florence.
Click here to see more books about Depression Glass on Amazon
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE