If you are looking for
Lalique glass there is
always some for sale
on ebay. Click below
Index to pages on
other kinds of glass
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
Back to Book Seek
have a look
Rene Lalique (1860-1945) was a French "art nouveau" jeweler and sculptor who became interested in glass in his 30's and rented his first glassworks at the age of 49 (in 1909). He became the world's leading art glass designer of the art deco period. In the 1920's and 30's his work inspired glass-makers around the world. Lalique opened his first retail salon in Paris in 1905 selling jewelry and decorative pieces, next door to the Coty perfume premises. Coty comissioned perfume bottles from his friend Lalique, so commencing Lalique's great perfume bottle business. At the Paris Exposition des Art Decoratifs et Industriels (source of the name Art Deco) in 1925 Lalque won several medals and had a whole marquee displaying his glass in the "new style".
Lalique glass is a collector's dream. It is ALWAYS marked in or on the glass and the glass made during Lalique's lifetime is marked "R. Lalique" as opposed to the post 1945 mark "Lalique". You can still buy new Lalique glass made to many of the original designs, using very high quality crystal glass, both in clear and translucent colours.
Here is our selection of books about Lalique glass. These cover some recent books as well as old classics. There are numerous books about Lalique - hope you enjoy looking.
Just click on any book cover or any title for more information.
- René Lalique: The Forgotten Years (May 2016) by Bernard Williams. Rare coverage of the medals designed by Lalique before and during the war years 1914-18.
- Unique Lalique Mascots: Automotive Radiator Hood Ornaments Ill Edition
(2014) by G. G. Weiner. Useful reference book on an unusual items.
- René Lalique: Enchanted by Glass (May 2014) by Kelley Jo Elliott. Hundreds of color photographs-many of them full-page images selected from the extensive collection of The Corning Museum of Glass which includes design drawings and photographs.
Lalique By Lalique: Glass Vases, Perfume Bottles & Tableware (March 2012) by Gorringe Antiques. A slim volume (38 pages) covering the less expensive range of Lalique items.
- Lalique (Shire Collections) (Sept 2011) by Eric Knowles.
- The Art of René Lalique, flacons and powder boxes (Oct 2010) by Christie Mayer Lefkowith.
- Rene Lalique at the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum (Sep 2009) by Maria Fernanda Passos Leite. A large format catalogue of Lalique items bought from his friend Lalique by Calouste Gulbenkian between 1899 and 1927.
- Deco Lalique: Creator to Consumer (Oct 2007) by Carolyn Hatch. Based on the Lalique collection in the Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Canada.
The Art of Rene Lalique (2006) by Patricia Bayer and Mark Waller.
- Lalique, including a private east coast collection.
(May 2004) by Nicholas M. Dawes and David Rago.
- Rene Lalique (French) (2003) by Mathias Sorel-Beck.
- The Art of Glass: Art nouveau to Art Deco (Sept 97) by Victor Arwas. Stunning pictures covering all the major glass producers of the art nouveau and art deco periods, including many French such as Galle, Daum Nancy, Argy-Rousseau, Leveille, Lalique, Sabino, Marinot, Navarre, and Schneider.
- Lalique Glass: the Complete Illustrated catalogue for 1932 (Oct 81). An invaluable aid to identifying Lalique Glass, this reproduction of the 1932 catalogue has pictures and names for the entire production range of Lalique at the height of their popularity.
- The art of Rene Lalique, by Patrica Bayer and Mark Waller, Quintet Publishing, 1988. Over 350 colour photographs of the range of Lalique's work.
- Lalique Glass, by Nicholas M Dawes, Viking, 1986. A useful book for collectors.
- Lalique: a collector's guide by Christopher Vane Percy. (1977 reprinted in 1983). Covers design and manufacture of Lalique pieces.
- The Jewels of Lalique by Lalique et. al. (March 98). Exquisite jewelry designed by Lalique.
- Glass: Art Nouveau to Art Deco, by Victor Arwas (1987). Old but very interesting and useful book, covering all the main French glass artists of the art nouveau and art deco period.
- Lalique Perfume Bottles, by Glenn Utt, (1990). A definitive book on Lalique perfume bottles.
Click here to see more books about Lalique Glass on Amazon
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE