There is always some
Art Nouveau Glass for
sale on eBay. See what's
there just now - click
Art Nouveau Glass
Index to pages on
other glass books
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
have a look
Back to Book Seek
Art Nouveau was a style of decoration popular in the 1890's and 1900's lasting until War broke out in Europe in 1914. It uses free flowing motifs based on nature. Art Nouveau glass was made by Emile Galle, Louis C. Tiffany, Daum Nancy, Muller Freres, Loetz, and Whitefriars (amongst others). In Germany this style is called Jugenstil and in Italy Floreal or Liberty. It was named after a Paris gallery called Maison de L'Art
We have selected books (below) which include recent books and some favourite classics. Click on the book cover or title to see more information on a particular book.
- Gazetteer of Irish Stained Glass: Revised Edn (2021) edited by David Caron, Nicola Gordon Bowe, and Michael Wynne
Tiffany Lamps and Metalware: An illustrated reference to over 2000 models (2019) by Alastair Duncan. Revised and updated reference book, large format with superb photographs. Excellent reviews.
- Tiffany's Glass Mosaics (2017) edited by Kelly A. Conway and Lindsy R. Parrott. Features essays covering Tiffany mosaic production from the 1880s to 1930s.
- René Lalique: Enchanted by Glass (May 2014) by Kelley Jo Elliott. Hundreds of color photographs-many of them full-page Lalique images selected from the extensive collection of The Corning Museum of Glass which includes design drawings and photographs.
- The Glass of Frederick Carder (1st Edn 2001; Revised 2007) by Paul Vickers Gardner. Detailed and comprehensive cover of Carder's types of glass (Aurene, Verre de Soie, etc) and drawings of the many shapes. Good reviews.
- Masterworks of Art Nouveau Stained Glass (2018) by Arnold Lyongrun and M. J. Gradl. Combines two previously published collections of art nouveau designs for stained glass. Some 300 full colour pictures.
- Nature and the Nation in Fin-de-Siècle France: The Art of Emile Gallé and the Ecole de Nancy (2017) by Jessica M. Dandona, part of The Histories of Material Culture and Collecting, 1700-1950. This book reveals how Gallé returns again and again to the question of national identity as the central issue in his work.
- Art Glass Nouveau (2012) by Ray and Lee Grover. Over 400 coloured illustrations of art glass from the Art Nouveau period with detailed explanations.
Glass: Art nouveau to Art Deco (1987) by Victor Arwas. This is a great book on art glass, covering all the major glassworks and glass artists of the art nouveau and art deco period. The book is large format, 384 pages, full of colour photographs and detailed information. In my view, one of the best.
- Symbolism in Art Nouveau: The Work of Emile Galle (Jan 2014) by Zara Ellis. Short book available on kindle (e-book) looks at Galle's career, the Paris exhibition, his symbolism and methods.
- The Lamps of Louis Comfort Tiffany (Oct 2012) by Martin Eidelberg. A popular book in a smaller more affordable format, great pictures.
- The Art of Glass: Art nouveau to Art Deco (Sept 97) by Victor Arwas. Stunning pictures covering the major glass producers of the art nouveau and art deco periods, including the work of Galle, Tiffany, Daum Nancy, Loetz, Moser, Argy-Rousseau, Leveille, Webb, Powell-Whitefriars, Joblings and Stevens-Williams.
- Tiffany Favrile Art Glass (Mar 97) by Moise S. Steeg (Schiffer Book for Collectors). Louis C Tiffany produced masterpieces in glass in the art nouveau style.
- Daum: masters of French decorative Glass (1992) by Clotilde Dacri, Noel Daum and Claude Petry. Stunning photographs and masses of information about Daum and the glass they made, much of it during the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods.
Click here to see more books about Art Nouveau Glass on Amazon
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE