If you are looking for
European glass, there
is always some on
ebay. Click below
to find European Glass
Index to pages on
other glass books
American glass books
Art Deco books
Art nouveau books
Bottles books all kinds
British Glass books
Candy Container books
Carnival Glass books
Contemporary glass bks
Cookie Jar books
Cut glass books
Czech glass books
Depression glass bks
Drinking glass books
European Glass bks
Fenton Glass Books
Fostoria Glass Books
French glass books
Galle glass books
Gene Florence books
General glass books
Heisey glass books
Italian Glass books
Lalique Glass books
Milk Glass books
Stained glass books
NEW - Glass Blog
have a look
Back to Book Seek
Glassmaking skills were spread thoughout Europe by the Romans some two thousand years ago. There was a decline in glassmaking when the Roman Empire fell, and it did not pick up again until the Middle
Ages. Over the past 500 years there have been major centres of glass-making in Italy, Spain, Bohemia, Germany,
France and England. More recently the Scandinavian countries have specialised in glass, and almost every country
in Europe has at least one famous glassworks.
For more information on our selection of books below, click on the book cover or title. We have included recent books as well as some classic favourites. Good hunting!
- European Glass in the J. Paul Getty Museum (1998) by Catherine Hess and Timothy Husband. Selected glass from one of the world's finest collections.
- Modern Glass in the Netherlands, 1880-1940 (Feb 2004) by Titus M. Eliens. Late 19th- and early 20th-century advances in Dutch art glass.
- Ikora & Myra Glass by WMF (Jan 2007) by Carlo Burschel. An exhaustive survey of the Ikora and Myra glass produced between the 1920s and 1950s by WMF.
- Murano: Island of Glass (Dec 2006) by Attilia Dorigato (Director of the Murano Glass Museum). Traces the key stages in the development glass in Murano, from the Middle Ages to the contemporary world, focusing particularly on the master glass-makers of the late 20th century.
- Lötz: Bohemian Glass 1880-1940 (Nov 2003) by Johann Lotz Witwe (author), Helmut Ricke (ed).
- Swedish Glass Factories: Production Catalogues, 1915-1960 by Helmut Ricke. Complete Catalogues of the 5 main Swedish Glass Factories.
- Daum: masters of French decorative Glass (1992) by Clotilde Dacri, Noel Daum and Claude Petry. Stunning photographs and masses of information about Daum and the glass they made, much of it during the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods.
- Italian Glass: Murano to milan 1930-1970: The Collection of the Steinberg Foundation (Apr 97) by Helmut Ricke. Great color pictures and discussion of glassmaking in Italy from the 1930's to 1970's.
- Venetian Glass: Confections in Glass 1855 -1914 (May 1998) by Sheldon Barr. A survey of Venetian glass of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Whitefriars Glass: The Art of James Powell and Sons (Oct 96) by Lesley Jackson. Very comprehensive information and masses of good quality colour pictures
- Czechoslovakian Glass and Collectibles Book 2: Identification and Value Guide (Oct 96) by Dale and Diane Barta. Color pictures to identify Czech glass.
- British Glass 1800-1914 (Dec 92) by Charles Hajdamach. One of the best books on all kinds of British Glass, with sound information and plenty of coloured pictures. There is a later edition shown in the pictures above.
- The Art of Glass: Art nouveau to Art Deco (Sept 97) by Victor Arwas. Stunning pictures covering the major glass producers of the art nouveau and art deco periods, including Galle, Tiffany, Daum Nancy, Loetz, Moser, Argy-Rousseau, Leveille, Webb, Powell-Whitefriars, and Stevens-Williams; and the art deco work of Lalique, Sabino, Marinot, Navarre, Daum, Schneider, Orrefors, Joblings, Stuart, and Moncrieff (Monart).
- Baccarat (Universe of Design) (May 98) by Dany Sautot - covering one of the greatest French glass producers.
- The Brilliance of Swedish Glass 1918-1939: An alliance of art and industry by Anne-Marie Ericson et.al. (Dec 96 ) A collection of ten essays on aspects of Swedish glass
- Art Glass from Murano 1910-1970 (June 93) by Marc Heiremans.
- Murano 1910-1970: from Decorative Art to Design (Jan 97) by Marc Heiremans.
- Venini Glass by Franco Deboni (Jan 97). Pictures and discussion of glass from Venini, one of the greatest Italian glassworks.
- Lalique Glass: the Complete Illustrated catalogue for 1932 (Oct 81). An invaluable aid to identifying Lalique Glass, this reproduction of the 1932 catalogue has pictures and names for the entire production range of Lalique at the height of their popularity.
- Orrefors Glass by Alistair Duncan (Jan 2007). A very useful reference book for collectors.
- Rosenthal: Excellence for all times: Dinnerware, accessories, cutlery, Glass (Jun 98) a Schiffer book for collectors. Includes examples of porcelain dinnerware, cutlery, glassware, early and late accessories.
- Russian Glass of the 17th - 20th Centuries (Feb 1991) by Nina Asharina and Ludmila Kazakova, published by the Corning Museum of Glass.
Click here to see more books about European Glass on Amazon
Target ebay searches!
Take a quick look at your kind of glass
in our Target Searches
- save time and don't miss an opportunity
even when you are busy!
- CLICK HERE